Wednesday, December 1, 2010

World AIDS Day

My College took World AIDS Day to an entirely new level for me. I've always known the significance of today and what it represents, but I'd never seen promoted so widely. Not many people wore the ribbon simply because the pins were cheap thin hardware nails and nobody wanted to get stabbed.
On campus you got the sense that AIDS as terrible as it is. Is not just a desires for gay guys. Nor that it was  only something that affected the gay populations. It reminded those on campus that AIDS doesn't discriminate based on race, gender, orientation or age....it just infects.
Safe Sex is always promoted on campus though it's slightly more geared toward women in the women's center. Even abstinence is promoted until marriage and what not.

You can also follow me on Twitter
Follow Major_Hutch on Twitter


Here's to being a rubber back and World AIDS Day.

I play safe beyond athletics. on Twitpic


Since you two seem to be the only tweeting bout world AIDS da... on Twitpic

1 comment:

Y said...

Very good post,Hutch!